Saturday, November 21, 2015

This weeks reading was Enos-Mosiah 3. These are jam packed chapters, but I want to focus on King Benjamin's address regarding service. Mosiah 2:17 states "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." Serving those around us brings us closer to our Heavenly Father because we are becoming more like Him and His son Jesus Christ.

Christ is the ultimate example of service. He gave of his time, his love, his wisdom and ultimately his life. I found the following quote insightful.

"He paid a dept he did not owe, to free us from a debt we can never pay." ~ Elder Wirthlin
I seek to follow His example of service and as I do I am blessed. I have found in my life that if I am irritated with somebody I can make that irritation go away by serving them. I know that as I continue to serve the Lord, He will continue to bless me.

No comments:

Post a Comment